The title of my habilitation thesis is “Methodology of applying rankings for education space studies”.
The purpose of the study is to present a methodology for applying rankings for studying and objectively evaluating the education space in various aspects, assess the methodology for preparing various world rankings, and identify the main directions for modern ranking in the education system (based on the rankings approach).
Provisions have been defended:
1. The use of rankings allows determining the conditions, principles and possibilities for using rankings to study, model and form the education space. The possibilities of rankings for determining the comparative effectiveness of universities in various aspects (scientific, educational, socio-economic, personnel, etc.) are substantiated. The principles of using rankings, ensuring effectiveness and reliability (the principle of distinguishing indicative and goal-setting functions of rankings, the principle of advantage of rankings used to study the education space, the widely used for this purpose questioning, the principle of duality of rankings) are developed.
2. As a result of the analysis of rankings describing the education space and the factors influencing the quality of education, the rankings approach has been created that allows using rankings in a complex, purposeful manner, taking into account their functional purpose and real possibilities. Complex use of rankings, in contrast to the previously used unilateral one, makes it possible to take into account the connections and interaction of various processes that form the educational space.
3. The goals and hypotheses of application developed in the course of research, the principles, methods and tools of the rankings approach form the methodology of the rankings approach, which allows to study the education space in its various aspects, to assess its state and development forecasts.
4. The application of models, methods, procedures of the rankings approach shows the influence of various political, socio-economic factors of the education space on the quality of education. By approbation of variative models on specific examples, the capabilities of the rankings approach are shown, in particular, in the analysis of education space in terms of the economic and legislative aspects.
5. The revealed principles and factors of effectiveness of ranking procedures, the definition of indicative and goal-setting functions of rankings create conditions for studying and assessing the state of the education space. It is important that the mechanism for determining the goals of the ranking creators is developed. Analysis of the goals and methodology of the leading rankings allows formulating the principle of dual character of rankings, which should be taken into account when using the rankings approach.
Synopsis of my habilitation thesis: